There are many ways to support the refugee community through your volunteer work, from helping someone learn how to navigate the bus system to helping with English classes. Our volunteer opportunities vary, but generally include:
- One-on-one refugee support, such as practicing English or showing someone the library
- Forming a Welcome Team and furnishing an apartment for a refugee family
- Teaching computer literacy or financial literacy
- Helping refugees at the office by filling out job applications with clients or working with immigration legal services
- Helping with ESL classes
If you are interested in forming a Welcome Team, please go to our Welcome Team page to learn more and sign up. For other group opportunities please email Sina Naseri at firstname.lastname@example.org for current opportunities.
Direct Service Volunteer Requirements:
If you would like to do direct service with clients, we ask that volunteers are:
- Able to commit to at least 6 months of direct service
- Able to commit to approximately 3 hours a week of direct service
- 18 years old or older
To apply for direct service opportunities, please complete our online volunteer application and our Volunteer Coordinator, Sina, will contact you with information about next steps. All direct service volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation and complete a $25 background check before starting to serve.
Please feel free to reach out to Sina with any questions or concerns at email@example.com!
CWS Durham has a limited number of paid internships available, in addition to unpaid internships and internships for course credit. Please indicate which type of internship you are seeking on the application form.
If you are interested in an internship with CWS Durham please use the link below to apply.